Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where have you been?

I just watched The Lovely Bones with my mama bear.
It really got me thinking again on the topic of life & death. I haven't given the topic too much thought recently. I was thinking of how one place can hold a moment. For some, the moment will be forgotten. For other's, the moment is still alive, no matter how long ago it may have been. I think about how the mother in the movie wouldn't go in Susie's room, because her essence was still lingering even though she was gone. How long does a person's essence stay around even after they are gone. I know as I'm playing Ms. Hedahl's piano, she comes to mind most of the time. I know that sometimes I can still picture her running across the room in her socks n' sandals, making all of us play "Winds of Change." We all have literally stepped where she has stepped, my fingers have stroked across the keys on the piano that her's had for years and years. It's just a connection I find comforting, I suppose. That once, somebody who is gone now, had been where I had been. Breathing, living, just as I am. With no idea that their life would end in short time. Clueless & unknowing. Just as I am. I have no idea when my time will be when it may be. It may be tomorrow, it may be in three weeks, it may be when I'm 67 years old. I do know however, that I don't find death scary. I do not fear for what comes after. I only wonder.

Lacie Hedahl, You still inspire me everyday. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Keilly's the name.
I just enjoy speaking in general.
Somedays it'll be about important ideas,
other days it'll be about how my day went & what I ate.